5.08.2008

Forever and Always ~ A Poem By Me

She watches him walk away
Trailing pieces of her heart
In his wake
Silent tears stream down her face
As every emotion fills her chest
All at once
He promised forever
But forever didn’t last very long
She still stands watching
Trying to register everything
This can’t be happening
This wasn’t how it was supposed to go
Wait a second
She is a good girl
Young and pretty and smart
Never gave away her heart to anyone
Until that boy walked in
Stole it without asking
Then crushed it without a thought
She’s left here
Remembering
Trying not to completely lose it
Ignoring the pain in her chest
Lying to everyone around her
Still wishing he was here
I watch her smile and pretend
Wishing there was something I could do
But she won’t let me in
She won’t let anyone in anymore
She’s too scared to get hurt
The thing she tried to run from
Caught her off guard
Ruining every chance for me
To tell her I’m in love with her
I’ve always loved her
And she should have given me her heart
Because she has mine
Totally and completely
Forever and always

No comments: