4.26.2008

Pasco - CBC Jazz Unlimited 2008

So... I got back from Pasco, Washington at 3:30 this morning. Totally worth it. I was there with my choir [Cantare-Fortis] for the classical day at the festival. So we left Thursday after school and rode five hours on a bus to Pasco. We go there and one of the girls was like sliding down the row and not waking up. Turns out she had a concussion and was taken to the hospital that night. It was so scary. So we went and ate dinner. My roommates [Aubrionna, Lexi, and Riley] and I decided to go to Panda. Well of course we had to beat the boys there right? So we're like running through the streets of Pasco trying to beat them. It was quite entertaining. Some people jawalked[eek!] but I didn't. =] Then we loaded up and went to our hotel. It was soooo nice. Lexi shaved her legs in the kitchen sink. I will never ever forget that as long as I live. That night was crazy. We only went to bed an hour after we were supposed to. Aubrionna's phone went off at like 5:50 so we got up and went down to breakfast. Turns out breakfast wasn't until 6:30. =/ Oh well. So we showered and stuff and went down, then took our breakfast up, got ready and checked the room like a million times, then left. We got on the bus to go to CBC [Columbia Basin College] and our bus drivers got lost so we were late for warmups and McMullen was mad. Not our fault though. We warmed up, performed horribly, then booked it over to see Bella Voce after our clinic. They did so well. We watched a lot of choirs, and then were released for lunch. It was KFC and really greasy but yummy. We went back into the Gjerde Center after lunch and watched more choirs, including out Sonous, and eventually, CBC's Jazz choir, Free Form, got up and that meant that the judges were figuring out who was going to be in the honors concert. It seemed to take FOREVER but I loved listening to Fre Form. Corryne is buying me a couple of their cds. She is still there because Bella Voce stayed over for jazz day today. But anyway... so turns out Sonous and Cantare-Fortis [me] get to sing in the Honors Concert. Sonous is second and we are dead last. We sit at Kennewick High and listen to the groups. We got into their band room and were warming up and McMullen talked to us. I love when he gives us little speeches. We were crying and hugging and it was just... amazing. The lady comes in and tells us to go so we line up and I'm standing next to Nate who doesn't want to stop bugging poor Spencer. I ended up punching him in the back [which I WAS allowed to do] and he still didn't stop. Just looked back at me, grinned, and did it again. Stupid boy. So we get on stage and he's talking. Gr... I was so mad. I whacked him in the leg and mouthed for him to knock it off. He didn't. So I just let it go. But we performed so well!!!! I sang my lungs out and absolutely loved it. The awards were given out after CBC's Chamber Choir sang. Sonous placed first in their division and Bella Voce placed first in their division. We were all so excited. After it was all over, Sonous and Cantare-Fortis got on the buses for home, Bella for their hotel. I didn't sleep at all. Riley kinda did. She was sitting next to me. I got to the school at like 3:20 am and the home at like 3:34. I slept from 4-10 woke up for two hours and went back to bed until 5.
So that was my life for the past little bit. I better go now. I'm supposed to be cooking dinner.
P.S. It's my brother's birthday. =] Mum made a drum cake. It was way cool.

No comments: