4.11.2008

Twlight Fanfic

I wanted to put my Twilight fanfic up here so you could all read it. It's amazing. =] Not really. The format's all wrong. Please comment. Thanks.

*Corryne
I entered the kitchen and took a deep breath: rosemary and baking bread. Her table was scattered with composition books and pictures of famous people, water bottles and empty ceramic bowls. There was a pot of something on the stove and I could tell the oven was on. Although the table and desk were both disastrous, everything else was perfect and clean: no dirty dishes, not a crumb to be found. The kitchen had been the same since she’d moved in: grape vine green with purple and green dishes, black marble, light brown cabinets, with grape knick-knacks everywhere. I heard the padding of bare feet and the zip-swish of corduroy. I stood there smiling and watched her face for a second.Her long blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail with her bangs straightened and hanging around her face. She was barefoot – as always – and had her nose in some thick novel with strange marking on the cover. Her white corduroys were about two inches too long and covered her feet but her French manicured toes poked out. She had a long sleeve, powder blue shirt on with snowflake earrings dangling. And, of course, on her face were her chunky white glasses. She still had her nose in her book and hadn’t noticed me. I cleared my throat and her blue eyes darted up from her book.“Hi Natalie Mae.” I wiggled my fingers are her, beaming.Alli had a perturbed look on her face. “At least knock when you get here. Or ring the bell or something.”“I did. Four times.” I fingered the cord to her headphones that lay on the table. “It’s good to see you.”“Hello Rynne.” She said with that crooked little smile I knew so well. I watched as she tucked her blonde bangs behind her ears. She hummed a little melody as she bustled herself around the kitchen. “Would you like some hot chocolate? I just put-” The kettle screamed, taking her attention.“I’d love some.” I looked over her writings scattered all over the table. “What’s all this?”“Oh, well my publisher needs the rough outline in a few days so I working my tail off.” A grin lit up her face. “It’s the sequel to By Dawn’s Early Light.” Alli handed me a mug and took a long sip. I watched her close her pretty eyes. “So how’s modeling going in New York?”“Great, really great.” I inhaled the steam given off by the hot chocolate. “You know, you could do some modeling. We’re twins for heaven’s sake! We look exactly alike.”Natalie looked me over her Tinkerbelle mug. “Not personality-wise, sis. You are much more outgoing.”I sighed and took a sip but burnt my tongue in the process. I set the mug on the table. Her eyes darted over my outfit: black slacks with a light pink wrap around along with some elegant jewelry and completed with black boots.Slowly, she shook her head, her blonde curls swaying in her ponytail. Softly – I barely heard it – she whispered, “I could never…” My eyes analyzed her soft, innocent features. Alli’s face had always been rounder, her eyes bluer, and her hair curlier than mine. All in all, she just looked more innocent. Living in this cozy townhouse in Connecticut just confirmed this notion.“Just come to the city and stay for a little while.” I begged, giving her a puppy dog look.“Corryne, I gotta get my outline done. There’s no way.”“Aren’t your publishers in New York? And I’ve got wireless.” The offer was tempting; I could see it in her eyes. With a deep inhale, Natalie set down her mug. She was mulling the idea over, I could tell. Suddenly, some annoying buzzer went off.“My bread!” She jumped off the counter and ran to the oven, scrambling with hot pads Mom had made her for Christmas; I had a matching pair. With great care, Natalie set the bread on the counter and kicked the oven shut. She leaned against the oven, her eyes closed, fingers wrapped in her curls. “Okay.” Allie looked up at me, eyes glittering. “Let me pack.”
*Natalie Mae
I bounded up the stairs and flopped on my neatly made bed. My suitcase was in the corner, still packed from the trip I was supposed to take with Will. The familiar pain landed in my stomach, making me curl up in my quilt. Knowing he had disappeared still made my stomach churn. I didn’t need to pack; I had never unpacked from that trip. I climbed off my bed and zipped the suitcase closed.Missing.The word still stung and I physically flinched. Will was still missing. That week before our trip he had gone missing. For over two months he had been missing. Everyone thought he was dead. I knew he wasn’t dead; there was no way he could be.Just remembering the night still hurt: his mother’s voice so urgent and sorrowful, the room so dark and foreboding, my quilt still stained from the mascara I hadn’t taken off before bed.A knock at the door broke my concentration. Corryne’s head poked in and she looked around. “Ready?” She asked with a smile.I nodded solemnly. “Let me get my shoes.”
*Corryne
Natalie just stared out the window, not screaming out lyrics with me as usual. I knew she was still hurt after losing Will; he was her fiancĂ©e, but more than that. Nearly everyone could see they were soul mates. No one else could make her smile so much or laugh so hard. No one could leave her speechless, no matter how hard they tried; Will did it with just a kiss.She sighed as her big eyes scanned the dangerous, snowy roads, but I noticed her fingertips going to the beat. Suddenly her big blue eyes were on me. My twin looked like a doe caught in headlights. I knew that look and, just as I knew they would be, tears were sparkling on her cheeks.I reached for her hand. Grasping it tightly, I tried to smile. Alli understood the attempt. “I’m sorry,” I finally got out. She remained silent, just biting her lip. I squeezed her hand, letting the weird connection we had as twins do its magic. Although her skin was hot to the touch, I felt my twin shiver. Letting go of her hand, I grabbed the blanket in the back seat and set it on her lap. With an absent but sincere smile, Natalie wrapped herself up and cuddled against the side of the car.Soon she was asleep, and I just watched her. Her knuckles were white as she gripped the navy and white blanket. Her blonde curls were down and covering part of her face that was fixed in a sad look. My stomach lurched as I watched her. This must be so hard; I couldn’t even imagine. Losing Will to her was like losing her to me. We completed each other, but Will filled that space that I couldn’t. I sighed and concentrated on my driving.
*Natalie Mae
Corryne stopped the car, but I was already awake. I had watched New York pass by my window for nearly an hour now. I let my body take over, doing the routine things.Get out of the car.Stretch.Get bag.Walk to elevator.Follow Rynne.Follow Rynne. Wow... how many times had I told myself that before I realized I needed to be me, Natalie, not my twin, Corryne? While I pondered the many times I had done the things Corryne did so I could be like her. I walked into her apartment. The smell that met my senses many times filled my nose the second the door opened: Moonlit Path. Her cat, Rosie, wrapped around Rynne’s legs. Last time I saw the cat she was just a kitten. Now three years old, Rosie was a testament of how long we had been out of the house. I had seen Corryne since then, but the cat always remained at home.I looked around the high tech apartment. It looked like she was trying to bring our previous Alabama home to her New York apartment. But everything was stainless steel and in perfect condition. Even though everything was perfect, you could tell Corryne lived here. Designer clothes were strewn everywhere and healthy food was all over the counters.“What do you eat?” I asked, picking up a wrapper of some high fiber bar.She snatched the wrapper away. “My food is good.” Rosie leapt from the counter to her arms and Corryne stroked her golden fur.I gave her a look and found my room. It was the same as always. Corryne had dedicated a room to me. Drawings from when we were little, family pictures, and memorabilia were all mixed in with her upbeat style. Every single book I had written was in a bookshelf, even the ones that were not published.Corryne cleared her throat as she leaned against the doorframe. Rosie leapt out of her arms onto my bed. “We’ll go out. I know this great little place. Be ready by seven.” She winked. “Look cute.”I looked at my clock. Twenty minutes. Crap. In a flurry, I threw on clothes and matching jewelry. Corryne came in, smiling, and looked over my outfit.“Nice, modest, cute but not hot. Very nice.”“Okay...” I said skeptically.“Let’s go.”
*Corryne
I looked over at Natalie, who was sitting next to me in the back of a taxi. The lights from the city danced in her eyes, but the rest of her was emotionless, The agent had been harsh but she was too pretty for him to resist – and too smart. She had a brain, unlike most models. I knew my twin was a tempting offer, I could tell when the agent talked to her. Natalie hadn’t even flinched when the gorgeous man had walked in and gawked at her.“I can’t believe it.” She whispered, more to the window than to me. “Modeling in Italy.”A tad envious, I muttered, “It’s an amazing first job.”“I’m sorry.” She whispered.“For what?”Finally, she turned to me, eyes full of tears. “I took your thing.”“Alli Mae, it’s not a big deal.”The taxi stopped and we got out. As we walked towards the front door of the building, I saw something bolt into the alley. I grabbed Alli’s arm.Next thing I knew, cold fingers were wrapped around my throat. Natalie’s scream was barely heard above the ruckus of the city. My eyes opened for a brief moment to see bright red eyes before unconsciousness overtook me.
*Natalie Mae
I was dead. Very dead. Because Will was dead. But he was staring right at me. His green eyes sparkled unnaturally, dancing in the light. I reached out to touch him but gasped at the touch of his snow-white skin. It was stone cold. Somehow, he was handsomer than I remembered. His melodic voice said name slowly.“Natalie.”I wanted to melt. “William?” He scooped me up in his arms and hugged me tight.He released me and I looked at him strangely. “You need to see what you’ve become.” He whispered. I let him take my hand and led me through a strange, unknown house. We ended up in a bathroom and Will flicked on the light. There staring back at me was me, but things were different. My hand flew to my mouth.My eyes were bright red and my skin was pale as snow. Freakishly long incisors practically protruded over my bottom lip and my blonde hair was shiny, in smooth, perfect ringlets. I wanted to bite my lip but I was afraid I would break the skin with my new teeth.This was a dream.“What’s wrong with me?”Will hugged me from behind, sliding his hands around my waist. “A vampire. You’re having a better reaction that I did. I denied, thought I was dead.” He nestled his head in the crook of my neck. “I couldn’t come back to you. I wouldn’t have been able to resist killing you. Your blood scent was so strong. I’m sorry. And then Edward found you and Corryne almost dead so he changed you.”I stared at my reflection not believing any of it. But Will wouldn’t lie to me. My fingers brushed my skin, the flawless sheet white skin that was now mine. Everything added up but somehow it was wrong. Vampires weren’t real. Only in the books I wrote were they real. “Who’s Edward?”“Edward Cullen, he’s a vampire too. There’s a whole family: Alice and Jasper, Esme and Carlisle, Rosalie and Emmett, Edward and Bella. I’ve joined them. They moved to New York a little while ago. I was attacked on the business trip. Not by them!” He could see the alarm in my face. “By another. The Cullens are vegetarians. Esme is taking care of Corryne. Her body isn’t reacting too well. You are more beautiful than you were before.”“Except for my eyes.” I looked sadly at the rubies that my eyes had become. “Why are yours still green?”“The red will fade soon and they will be blue again.” Will smiled. A knock at the door interrupted us. A girl with a black hair in a pixie cut was biting her lip. “Alice?”“She not...” Alice took a deep breath. “Corryne isn’t going to make it.”Will looked at me with sad eyes. “Oh Alli...”“What does that mean?” Panic began to take over me as I looked at the sad faces.Alice sighed and looked at Will. “She should have been dead when whoever it was attacked her. We tried to turn her, but her body’s not responding.”“Can I... can I see her?” I wanted to cry, but nothing came.“Yeah, sure.” The girl led me through the huge house. Silently, she opened a door and let me in. My twin was lying on the bed, her face contorted in pain, her skin was covered in beads of sweat. My steps made no noise as I walked towards her and somehow, I was faster than normal. As I reached out to touch her, Alice appeared at my side and grabbed my hand.“What!” I nearly screamed.Alice was calm. “You don’t know your own strength yet. You’ll break her.”“What?” Tears still refused to fall, even though the pain was eating me alive. I shook my head and Will pulled me close. There were two figures in the doorway and as they stepped into the light, I gasped, pulling away from Will. “You’re the... oh my gosh.”“So... I’m going to lose one of my clients. Pity.” He clicked his tongue, looking Corryne up and down.In rage, I lashed out at him. “Is that all she is to you!” His golden eyes darted to me; surprised and a little amused. “Is she just some empty-headed model at your disposal? Now I see how you treat your clients!”Will’s voice in my ear calmed me down. “It’s okay.” In a louder voice he said, “So Corryne was one of your models, Edward?”My nostrils flared with rage.“Yes, Corryne was one of the best. In fact, I just had dinner with Natalie and her a few hours ago. Natalie’s coming to Italy with us.” Edward grinned. “Feisty. Smart. Beautiful. You’re a lucky man, William.” The girl at his arm tugged at his sleeve.“Edward...” Her mahogany hair fell down her back in a sheet. She wasn’t particularly beautiful except for what being a vampire did to her.“Natalie, this is Bella, my wife.”I nodded. “Nice to meet you.”Alice, suddenly tense, cleared the room except for me. As she was shutting the door on herself, she said, “She’s waking up. She’ll be gone in two minutes.” Then, the door closed with a silent click.
*Corryne
She was even more beautiful than I remembered. Sitting there, looking worried.The pain that coursed through my body was unimaginable. Every fiber of me ached and my blood felt as though it was on fire, burning me from the inside out. It hurt to breathe, as if millions of needles were poking, trying to pop my lungs.Suddenly, Alli looked at me with wide, puppy-like red eyes and I screamed. Where were her brilliant blue eyes? What was going on?As if reading my mind, Natalie spoke softly. “We’re vampires. The red will go away. Will’s one too. He was attacked on his business trip. That’s why he never came home. My William was transformed by your agent and I was too enticing... he would have killed me. Then we got attacked and they transformed us. But you didn’t react right. You’re-” her voice broke. She took my hand and held it gently. “You’re dying. And, somehow, I’m immortal.”I tried to understand. It all made sense, but not really. “I’m dying?”“In one minute.” Her now soft red eyes looked at me sadly. “I don’t know what to do.” As she always did when she was upset, Natalie ran her tongue along her teeth.The pain got worse and I flinched. Just seeing how much this was hurting her made it worse. With my last energy, I looked at her.
*Natalie Mae
“Natalie Mae... I love you.” I watched as her eyes, her beautiful blue eyes, fluttered shut.Will walked in and pulled me to him, his stone body pressed against mine. “I’m sorry.”An important looking man followed and looked at me lovingly. “I’m Carlisle. Welcome to the family, Natalie.”Will let go, but held my hand securely. “Carlisle is a doctor.”There was one question that I needed answered, before anything else happened. “Carlisle, do I have a heart now that I’m a…vampire?”“Yes, you still have a heart Natalie. I’m sorry for your loss.”The family of vampires stood there, looking at Will and I. Esme, Carlisle, Jasper, Alice, Rosalie, Emmett, Edward, and Bella all looked at me expectantly. I leaned my forehead against Will’s shoulder and sighed, regaining my composure. Looking at my new family, I whispered, "So what now?"

No comments: